SUV door code and windshield wipers

Old 08-29-02, 12:21 PM
duce110
Visiting Guest
SUV door code and windshield wipers

I have two questions:

1) I just bought a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport a few weeks ago from a used auto dealer. The Explorer has this number code on the drivers side door and I don't know it nor the dealer. Is there any way that I can find out that code to unlock my doors from the outside.

2) (Same car) Every time that I turn on my car the wipers turn on by themselves, but on the control bar, it's off. So I turn it on, and then shut it off. Once I start to drive it will turn on again, wipe the windshield about 5 times then shut off. This happens all the time. Does anyone know I might be able to fix this problem myself.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-02, 12:35 PM
On Ford cars the code is on a label on the trunk hindge, look in the owners manuel for the location on your SUV.

Ford has a lot of trouble with the multi-function sw. It's not that much(about $35) and easy to change

Larry

Old 08-30-02, 06:07 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I want to say some Fords have a feature with the wipers that do that (Fordtech????). However, sounds like a bad switch.

The dealer should be able to call up Ford and give the vin # and get the door code for you. If they can't/won't, tell them you'll gladly ask for your money back . Make them work for you and fix the wipers for free. it's a 1999 vehicle!