Cooling Fan won't stop

Old 08-29-02, 07:04 PM
Blind_Melon
Visiting Guest
Cooling Fan won't stop

Hello, I have a 1994 Cavalier. The cooling fan keeps going when I shut off the car, and yes it doesn't stop after the engine cools. I have been disconnecting the battery to stop it, this morning when I connected the battery it didn't start until I shut the hood. So I'm assuming it's a bad connection? Does anyone have a clue as to what's wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-02, 07:15 PM
TECHMAN
Visiting Guest
That year mod. should have fan relay under hood on back of firewall. When fan is runnig with key off, tap on relay lightly one at time to find out with one is for fan. Sounds like a stuck relay to me. GOod LUck------------Dave---------

Old 08-29-02, 07:20 PM
Blind_Melon
Visiting Guest
I tried that, and it didn't work. There was three relay boxes on the passenger side just in front of the firewall. Should the one I'm looking for be flush with the firewall? I don't know anything about the electrical system.

Old 08-29-02, 07:27 PM
TECHMAN
Visiting Guest
Try to unplug them one at a time to see what whey control, I think we are on wright track.----1 fuel pump--2 a/c blower motor------3 cooling fan---- Yes try to unplug one at time and see what they control-----------Good LUck -Dave---------

Old 08-29-02, 10:06 PM
I had the same problem on a honda civic. The relay was getting stuck, Sometimes taping on it did not help had to be replaced.
Dealer was only one that had one. Part stores were no help on this part.