95 Wrangler - electrical/buzzer

Old 08-31-02, 06:00 AM
andreuj
Visiting Guest
95 Wrangler - electrical/buzzer

Have a 95 Jeep Wrangler and that anoying buzzer keeps going off everytime I step on the brake pedal. Just checked the lights themselves and they do not work when pedal is applied. No wiring issues, fuses are all o.k., and bulbs are fine. I was thinking it may be a relay somewhere, but wanted to see if anyone had input.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-02, 11:16 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
What noise does it resemble? Seat belt? Lights on?

Listen closely to what buzzer it sounds like and then disconnect that buzzer. If it solves the problem, the buzzer is wiped.

Old 09-03-02, 07:01 AM
andreuj
Visiting Guest
It sound just like the buzzer when you open the doors and the lights come on, but it is a separate buzzer as you can hear both of them whem I apply the brake and start the vehicle. If the buzzer is bad, would that explain why the brake lights don't work?

Old 09-03-02, 09:16 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It could be the case, or you could have burned out bulbs, burned fuse or a bad brake light switch.

Check it out and tell us what you find...

Old 09-03-02, 12:41 PM
This may not be related but on our '90 Caravan we had an annoying chime that would work whenever it wanted to. I traced out the wiring one day and found a small unit plugged into a harness near the steering column. All I did was take the little wafer out that causes the chime....What may apply to you is that in checking out the wiring diagram I noticed that the brake light switch is connected to the same module. Problem with yours? Maybe. If I'm not mistaken isn't Jeep owned by Chrysler now? Joe may be able to give you some insight on that. At any rate post back and tell us what happens. Good Luck.

Old 09-03-02, 05:53 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Jeep has been owned by Chrysler since 1987 .

And yes, if the wiring diagram points to the module, start there.