Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Insane Squeaking

08-31-02, 07:40 AM   #1  
Insane Squeaking

I have a 92 Dodge Spirit. When I travel at low speeds, under 30mph, there is a high squeak that comes from the passenger side; I believe it is coming from the rear. The squeak is definately a metal on metal sound. It is intermittent, pulsing...not continuous. I have replaced the frt disc and pads, and the rear shoes and drum. And it still does it. The squeeking is louder the slower I go. The 'pulse' of the squeek is slower at slow speeds, faster at fast speeds. It appears to disappear above 40mph. Turning does not make any difference, it is all based on speed. If I apply the brake pedal, even slightly, the noise disappears entirely. Note: when I replaced the rear drum and shoes, I kept the old bearing and hub assembly (that is held by the lugnuts to
the drum). Thank you!!!!!! Thank you!!!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-31-02, 11:14 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Start by checking alldata.com for known bulletins/issues that relate to the problem and let us know what you find.

09-07-02, 11:43 AM   #3  
Checked out alldata.com, but that didn't give any good ideas.

Did I mention that the first 5 minutes of driving, it's quiet?

Anyway, it still is going away with the slightest bit of brake pressure.

Still frustrated.

Visiting Guest

09-07-02, 01:07 PM   #4  
Joe_F
There's a rear track bar that can cause rubbing/metal on metal sounds like that. My friend's Dodge Shadow had that issue.

Search this Thread