power door lock toyota camry

Old 08-31-02, 09:06 AM
crewchef
Visiting Guest
Question power door lock toyota camry

Am looking for a site where a schematic of the door components, assembly is available to view.
All locks work except driver's door; raises only partially, door won't open, hope a slim jim will work so repair can be done by myself.

Old 08-31-02, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What year?

Larry

Old 09-13-02, 12:17 AM
crewchef
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by toyotaman11769
What year?

Larry
'89, 4 dr sedan, am thinking about taking off the rear door and trying to move the black cam lock past the "u" bracket on th post .
It I can clear that, the door should open and then remove the panel on the door interior.

Old 09-13-02, 12:32 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
be careful if you try slim jimming it there are more then one tool now to open up a car door the newer the cars are the tighter they get be careful you don't want to do more harm then good. Don,

Old 09-13-02, 04:45 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Try the autolibrary link in my signature file below.

Old 09-13-02, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Good chance there is a small spring on the latch that breaks. It's had to describe but first look from the top with the glass lowered.

Next look for a tab on the back of the latch where a spring would attach(would be good to look at a latch thats out, maybe take other door panel off)

You have to hold that tab down, lock and unlock the door and then try to open.

Helpful tip to use a small bulb on a wire dropped down inside the door to lite from the inside.

Larry

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: