Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

power door lock toyota camry

Visiting Guest

08-31-02, 08:06 AM   #1  
crewchef
power door lock toyota camry

Am looking for a site where a schematic of the door components, assembly is available to view.
All locks work except driver's door; raises only partially, door won't open, hope a slim jim will work so repair can be done by myself.

Sponsored Links

08-31-02, 09:41 AM   #2  
What year?

Larry

Visiting Guest

09-12-02, 11:17 PM   #3  
crewchef
Originally posted by toyotaman11769
What year?

Larry
'89, 4 dr sedan, am thinking about taking off the rear door and trying to move the black cam lock past the "u" bracket on th post .
It I can clear that, the door should open and then remove the panel on the door interior.

Visiting Guest

09-12-02, 11:32 PM   #4  
thekeymaker
be careful if you try slim jimming it there are more then one tool now to open up a car door the newer the cars are the tighter they get be careful you don't want to do more harm then good. Don,

Visiting Guest

09-13-02, 03:45 AM   #5  
Joe_F
Try the autolibrary link in my signature file below.

09-13-02, 06:44 AM   #6  
Good chance there is a small spring on the latch that breaks. It's had to describe but first look from the top with the glass lowered.

Next look for a tab on the back of the latch where a spring would attach(would be good to look at a latch thats out, maybe take other door panel off)

You have to hold that tab down, lock and unlock the door and then try to open.

Helpful tip to use a small bulb on a wire dropped down inside the door to lite from the inside.

Larry

Search this Thread