F150 seat???

Old 09-02-02, 05:16 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy F150 seat???

Hi,
I own a 1991 Ford F-150 4x4 supercab,wich has the front 50/50 split bench seat.It is the vinyl corvered seat (custom model).
The seat is getting baddly torn,and ripped from years of use.
I want to get a seat cover,but found most to cost about $100.
J.C. Whitney,etc.....
Any ideas on a cheaper fix?Or is there a better place to get cheaper seat covers on the internet?
Or would I be better off replacing the whole seat at a junkyard?
Thanks

Old 09-02-02, 11:50 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
seats......

I was at a local salvage (a big, busy one) and they had used seats for $20. Not that they were new looking, but they weren't torn (most of them).

My advice- call around. Call a lot. Some salvage places pile up on old seats faster than they can sell them and they put them out dirt cheap. Expect a seat that's kinda stained but you can always find something better than torn-up.

Of course, the other (or temporary) alternative is to duct-tape the seat in the torn areas, and use a good looking bed spread or similar fabric (the heavier and denser, the better) to cover the seat. I used one (was an old thick curtain) for a good while in my S10 when the seat got bad. Since all I did was go to work (seafood shop) and fish, it was just fine for me.

Old 09-02-02, 12:38 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You might choose to check with an auto trim shop to see what they get to redo the seat in the OEM material. If the truck is in good shape, this is the way to go.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: