Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

hot spark plugs

Visiting Guest

09-02-02, 12:33 PM   #1  
jin
hot spark plugs

If I'm having cold start problems upgrading to hot plugs improve my starting problems?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-02-02, 12:35 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Based on the lack of information provided (read the forum's page at the top for posting guidelines), the answer is "no".

Visiting Guest

09-02-02, 01:21 PM   #3  
jin
hot plugs

OKay, my 92 Rodeo has an intermittent startup, engine would crank over and start and sometimes it takes longer putting strain on the starter and battery. I think my injectors could be flooding into the manifold, I don't really know how to check this unless I remove a spark plug, right? anyway my original question was if hotter plugs was in stalled than the basic ones would this help to get the engine running sooner and light-off if my manifolds were flooded? By the way diagnostics was accomplished no codes were identified, had manifold heat sensor and idle aircontrol valve replaced, and injectors cleaned by the pro's. One more question my starter has taken a beaten, I can hear she is petering out almost time for replacement whats the difficulty level on this...thanks

Visiting Guest

09-02-02, 06:45 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Spark plugs have nothing to do with this issue.

Replace the starter with a rebuilt unit (preferably OEM) and start with the links in my signature file as shown below for the other issues.

Visiting Guest

09-02-02, 10:10 PM   #5  
josh1
typically "hot" plugs transfer heat away more quickly. Thus resulting in lower cc temps. "cold" plugs slow the heat transfer heating up the temps. Some manufacturers have it the other way round. Whatever you do be sure to ask which way the scale goes for the plugs you buy. Go too high in temp and you will hole a piston on the highway. -Josh

Search this Thread