Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Sketchy Shop? 98 Blazer

Visiting Guest

09-03-02, 03:10 PM   #1  
98Blazer
Sketchy Shop? 98 Blazer

I took my 98 blazer 2wd in today to have the brakes inspected. Not all the time, but when I apply the brake firmly, I feel a wobble and I thought the rotors may be warped. Anyhow after waiting FOREVER this guy came in and said my pads looked fine, I told him that I wasn't worried about the pads, it was the rotors that I thought may be warped. So he goes back out, then comes back in and says that all 4 are warped, and the pads are worn unevenly because of it, he suggested that I get 2 front rotors and 2 rear rotors, and new front and rear pads. I can't recall why, but he said in passing that it's necessary to do with 4wd vehicles.... mine is 2wd. Anyhow, he quoted me 2 x 146.41 for front rotors, 2 x 54.60 rear rotors, 109.95 front brake pads, 109.95 rear brake pads, 15.00 shop fee and 42.04 (I assume this was either labor or tax).
Does this sound like they're trying to rip me off. It made me feel like the place was sketchy.

Thanks,
98Blazer

Sponsored Links

09-03-02, 04:30 PM   #2  
Go get a second opinion and tell them you request a FULL brake inspection and roadtest.Also tell them your symptom off wobbles. I would not be suprised if you need 4 rotors and front and rear pads though they have been a problem on your vehicle type.You should not concern yourself with the waiting time as much. A good shop or technician should be busy,I cannot explain this guy maybe he is to inexpensive for the local area and gets more customers than he deserves.

Visiting Guest

09-03-02, 05:45 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree. Time for a second opinion.

Search this Thread