95 blazer v6 question

Old 09-05-02, 08:11 AM
fishindave
Visiting Guest
95 blazer v6 question

I own a 95 blazer with the 3.0 V6. Recently it started to chug, I thought it was not getting enough gas, took it to the shop, they claimed it was an injector problem, charged us $800, made situation a bit better, but still is a problem. Now they want $650 to change out the torque converter. The problem is annoying, but car is still drivable
A. Was the 1st choice what they should have done?
B. Will the 2nd choice help?
C. What kind of a rush should I be in to fix this?
D. If the injector was the wrong call, how should I approach getting my money back?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-02, 08:50 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
There's no 3.0 Blazer. It's a 4.3 Vortec or a 4.3 throttle body in that year.

It's tough to say if what they did provided any value or not. It didn't solve the problem, but may have been part of the solution.

Back to the shop and tell them that they will eat this repair if it doesn't solve your problem.

Old 09-08-02, 06:42 PM
fishindave
Visiting Guest
thanks

it is a vortec v-6. Brain fart while typing this up. I am attempting to do what you have said, but the front line troops are being jerks and I think their boss was on vacation last week.

Old 09-08-02, 10:00 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Only speak to the owner, never anyone else. Tell him your quandary and ask him why he is guessing at the problem. Make him aware that if this "solution" doesn't solve the problem, he will be be refunding your money as automotive diagnostics are not crap shoots .