Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ford aerostar a/c cycling pressure switch

Visiting Guest

09-06-02, 06:42 AM   #1  
stix309
ford aerostar a/c cycling pressure switch

my 1993 aerostar a/c stopped a few days ago, i thought the clutch on the compressor had quit but if apply 12v to it directly it works fine and the ac cools off nicely. my problem is if i put a meter on the line and disconnect the plug from the clutch i read 12v as soon as i reconnect the plug the voltage drops to millivolts, i am wondering if the contacts on the pressure switch may be dirty or worn out but i cannot find the switch anywhere, i tried following the wires to locate it, according to the wiring diagram it is in series with the bl/y wire. could someone tell me where it is located (pressure switch) ie under dash or on the fire wall, or what else the problem may be

thanks Martin

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-06-02, 09:04 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Hit any Ford parts department at the dealer and they'll find it on their parts diagram in a jiffy. Probably have the switch in stock too.

09-06-02, 05:58 PM   #3  
It should be on the accumulator on a aerostar van,black tank on passenger side firewall.

Search this Thread