Ford tractor

Old 09-09-02, 03:48 AM
Ford tractor

Not sure this is appropriate for this forum, but it seems to be the closest forum on DIY for the subject. I thought I would post it here before going to one of the tractor forums. Came across a guy with a Ford tractor. Not sure what size, but it is a good sized tractor. He put a slanting six Dodge engine in it. It had been a four cylinder diese in it to start with.l Since he didn't have room for the fan blades on the front of the engine, he put an electric fan in front of the radiator. Any comments on the funtionality of this set up? The affect on the pto, etc.?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-02, 06:34 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Deviating from the stock set up on a tractor is useless. Stay far away. Different ball game with PTO's and the like when you are trying to meld parts.

Ford tractors are actually made out of the country I believe. Sperry-New Holland is somehow involved in this I believe and they are English made.

I work with a guy in another division of the company that has an old Ford tractor. I have found parts for it and helped him a few times in the past to get it running again.