Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Dodge Paint Numbers

ME

09-09-02, 05:21 PM   #1  
Dodge Paint Numbers

Hello All.1990 Dodge Caravan 2.5 Liter. I was thinking about buying a can of touch-up spray paint for the wife's van but I can't seem to find the paint numbers? Does anyone have a general idea of where to look? Thanx.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-09-02, 10:43 PM   #2  
Stones
The cars manual should tell you where to locate it. Probably will be under the hood, or inside the door. If this doesnt work, call the dealer and ask them where to locate it. Thats all I know, hope it helps.

Visiting Guest

09-10-02, 06:00 AM   #3  
Joe_F
On a metal tag under the hood. Take a piece of paper and a pencil.

Make a tracing of the plate. Take the paper with you to the part store and look in a Duplicolor or Plastikote book. You'll find the code listed for your model year.

Or, go to www.plastikote.com or www.duplicolor.com and they have instructions on how to find the codes.

Visiting Guest

09-04-04, 12:00 AM   #4  
bigfxr
paint code

Hi, Toni1595, I also own a 90 caravan 2.5. The paint code is on a metal tag under the hood on top of the radiator support. I hope yours is in better shape. I took a look at mine, and half the paint is peeling and the tag is rusted. The stamping wasn't very good. Good luck finding in finding the correct color touch up paint.

ME

09-04-04, 04:56 AM   #5  
Well, I've actually sold the van a couple of years ago.......... What I did do was find a pretty close match, after buying a couple different cans, and went with that. It was a gunmetal blue color.I don't think that I ever did find the tag........ We were looking to sell the van and it had a case of the "peels". I guess this was quite common on these years cars, something to do with the primer, so I'm told. When we first bought it we took it to a Dodge dealer, but, it was over 5 years old and they would not do anything about it. What they wanted to do was sell me another one though......... good luck.

Search this Thread