Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Check Engine Light comes on

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-10-02, 10:23 AM   #1  
Check Engine Light comes on

I have a 1997 Toyota Camry. The check engine light comes on. I retrieved the codes from the OBD. They are P1410 (EGR Valve Position Sensor Circuit Malfuntion) and P1411(EGR Valve Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance). My question is do I need to replace the EGR valve, the sensor, or do I have a wiring problem? Do you think the the EGR needs cleaning?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-10-02, 10:25 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Likely both, but you should check alldata.com to see if there are revelant bulletins pertaining to your problem first.

Visiting Guest

09-22-02, 05:00 AM   #3  
loujo
Check Engine Light - '96 Corolla

I have a 1996 Toyota Corolla with the same problem. I replaced the timing belt several months ago and the light went out for a few days but came back. Is there some way I can check the cause myself or do I need to go to a shop to have it tested? If it is the EGS, can I replace it myself?

09-22-02, 02:20 PM   #4  
I think your problem is the EGR sticking. The position sensor is reporting the correct position of the valve. It's just that it shouldn't be were it's reporting at that time.

You could try cleaning it( you didn't state mileage or if it's a V-6, I assume it is)

Only wiring problems I've seen are from rodents chewing them.

Larry

Visiting Guest

09-23-02, 06:01 AM   #5  
Joe_F
I agree with Larry.

Search this Thread