95 Eclipse Starter

Old 09-11-02, 01:26 PM
grimvader
Visiting Guest
95 Eclipse Starter

HELP!

I have a 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (non-turbo) and need to replace the starter. Granted, it has been a while since I have undertaken such a project, but I'm pretty sure I remember what a starter looks like. My problem is...I can't find it. Anywhere.

Can some one please point me in the right direction? Do I need to remove anything such as (Please God No!) the trans-axel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and rewarded with showers of praise.

Thanx,

Grim

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-02, 02:18 PM
Try a Chilton's manual found at any parts store. Most stores and all dealers will tell you where the sucker is. It shouldn't be so hard to find, in your case is probably tucked next to the firewall. It has to be on the transmission where the flywheel is. You'll probably have to go underneath the car to find it.

Old 09-11-02, 02:30 PM
grimvader
Visiting Guest
95 Mits

I found it!

And in case your wondering; yes, I do feel like an idiot.

While waiting for a reply (which I noticed nobody bothered to do. Probably thought it was a joke or something) I decided to take another stab at it. In a desperate search for the offending part, I finally noticed a shape which looked kinda familiar. After removing multiple layers of soot , grime, oil, and dead animal parts I found it. Right in front. With nothing blocking it. (Actually, the car does have a really bad oil leak. Plus the sun was at a really wierd angle and casting a shadow over the area. Also, Pluto was rising in the house of Neptune which caused a gravitational interference on the moon of Endor, which in turn will render any person trying to save a little money temporarily stupid.)

C-Ya,

Grim

P.S. In case your wondering. It took 5 min. to replace the starter.

Old 09-11-02, 02:36 PM
grimvader
Visiting Guest
RE: Trinitro

Trinitro:

Thanx for the reply. I did try and find a Chilton book when I went to pick up the part. Not suprisingly they didn't have one (O'reilly Auto Parts). So I just tried to eyeball it.

Grim

Old 09-11-02, 07:39 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check the autolibrary link I have below.

Search this Thread