1996 Ford Contour

Old 09-13-02, 11:44 AM
acxz
Visiting Guest
1996 Ford Contour

I got this car about two month ago, it my first car. It's zetech, 2.0 L, 4 C, and DOHC. It's only has 28,000 miles on it. At idle when the car is in drive and feet is on brake the car is shaking too much. Does anyone know what it might be?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-02, 02:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
28K? U got a gem!

Mine is 96, ZTec just like yours. I noticed the same thing with the idle - it's inherent in the 4cyl versions of this car.

Just make sure or check that your air & fuel filters, Mass Air Flow sensor, and injectors are all clean. Beyond that - just live with it - or trade it in for a V6 Contour!

Also, how is pickup with car? If it is very responsive then we can rule out bad sparkplug wires or misfiring.

-JackOfAllTradez

Old 09-13-02, 04:17 PM
acxz
Visiting Guest
The car runs pretty good except it shakes. We put in new sparkplug and new sparkplug wires, checked Mass Air Flow sensor. Everything looks just like new. Somehow, it just shakes. Don't know why--or maybe that's why it only got 28k miles on it.

Old 09-13-02, 08:07 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with the links and posts in my signature file.

Old 09-16-02, 08:25 AM
scott spa
Visiting Guest
1996 contour

Ford had alot of problems with shaking and vibs on early contours look At tsbs and you will fine that most talk about hoses and cables hitting each other and body parts, PS check that the raditor is not touching the body medal to medal. hope this helps.