have tranny will shoot!

Old 09-17-02, 09:15 AM
erthegle
Visiting Guest
Angry have tranny will shoot!

I have a 200 series transmission for a 1979 cadillac seville,with a 350 olds motor. The trans was rebulit exactly one year ago! Now it's belching fluid,and has leaks around the trans pan ,speedo o-ring and I'm guessing the front seal. I have just replaced the pan gasket seal and filter,refilled w/fluid , now it's whirrling like its got gas! ,and cluncks when ingaging into gear , slips ect. i can't seem to find diagnostics on trouble-shooting the torque converter, also the u-joints and or the rear end? which I don't know if they maybe culprits. I am on disability and can not afford a technical diagnosis. Any help would be appriciated!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-02, 09:25 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It's only a year old, you should have recourse from the shop that rebuilt it a year ago. It sounds like it was poorly rebuilt.

It will have to be gone through stem to stern to ascertain where the problem is. Sounds internally wiped out.

Unfortunately, the 200 Series transmissions were some of the worst and unreliable rear drive transmissions out there. Typically, they were way too small and light duty for the vehicles they were installed in. A 1979 Seville, while smaller than it's 1980 cousin, is still a fairly big car. In fact, it is a modified Chevy Nova platform .

Search this Thread