Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'98 Cavalier

Visiting Guest

09-17-02, 04:33 PM   #1  
gowitheflow
'98 Cavalier

I have a '98 Cavalier that will start but after it idles for a few minutes it begins to run rough and then shuts off. If I try to pull out it hesitates and stalls ; every time. It's a 4 cyl. F/ I , automatic trans. Thanks for your input.

Gerald

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-17-02, 04:42 PM   #2  
TECHMAN
Need to Scan veh. for codes, also check to see if E.G.R. valve is opening up to soon causing it to stall, unplug valve and see if it fixes pro. May need to check fuel presure with gauge. Get back with findings. GOod Luck---------Dave---------

09-17-02, 05:31 PM   #3  
I had an 89 that did the same thing. The throttle body gasket was leaking and it was gulping air. Do you smell gas? If not, it may be something else.

Kay

09-17-02, 05:45 PM   #4  
Has the fuel filter ever been changed?You need to check basic stuff like air ,fuel filters,leaking vacuum hoses,plugs and wires before you dig into big money parts,like sensors.Even maybe throw some fuel injection cleaner in the tank.You may be suprised.Maintenance is the key,most companies tout maintenance free vehicles,it just isn't so.

Search this Thread