Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1978 pinto

Visiting Guest

09-22-02, 08:44 AM   #1  
Mura
1978 pinto

Hello, hope someone can help me out, what I have is a 1978 Ford pinto, IM repainting the car, and have to remove all the glass, what I need to know is, where can I find parts for the car. I really would like to find "new" or in great shape used. This is what IM looking for:

Front windshield Rubber seal.
Back window rubber seal.
All window trim.

Keep in mind Ive tried the ford dealerships in CT, with no luck, if anyone know where I can locate such parts used or new, dealer or after market. It would be great.

Hope some one can help.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-22-02, 09:41 AM   #2  
talon63
Have you tried JC Whitney online? They still carry Pinto parts. Also there an auto parts store in Marietta OH that may have what you need. Give Archer Auto Parts a call at 614.373.0413. Jim Archer has an unbelievable selection of parts, some dating back to the 1940's. These are NOS (New Old Stock) parts that have been in the wharehouse forever. His prices are reasonable as well.

There used to be an auto salvage yard near Junction City KS that specialized in Fords. They had parts back to Model T's. I don't have the 800 number for them any more, and I think the name was Mr. T's. He had acres of Fords available.

Hope this helps.

09-22-02, 10:51 AM   #3  
You know, there has always been a die hard group of followers for this little car.

Go to google and do a search for "pinto message boards" and see what you come up with. I bet you will find a good group of people that will help you out.

Visiting Guest

09-23-02, 06:00 AM   #4  
Joe_F
I agree with Jeremy.

The Pinto is an odd and bad duck and doesn't have much following except for specialty clubs.

Most mechanical parts are out there (same as other model Fords of the same vintage) but trim parts are probably tougher to find.

Check junkyarddog.com and put a parts request and you might find some yards with used Pintos that can yield some parts you need.

I gather you really like this thing to "restore" it . This is one of the worst vehicles in creation .

Search this Thread