??? heating and cooling ???

Old 09-25-02, 02:38 PM
poners
Visiting Guest
??? heating and cooling ???

Can someone help me? My heat in my 89 plymouth voyager does not work when I am in park or at a stop. Even when I am driving I dont think it gets as hot as it should. I have flushed and filled the cooling sytem. I have changed the thermastat a couple times. There is no smell or sign of leaking from the core. Also the heater control valve has been replaced. The hoses to the rear heater are not connected as to bypass the rear heater. The blower is working and there are no apparent vaccuum leaks. What else could cause the heat to blow out cold?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-02, 03:06 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Warm it up. Feel the heater hoses going to the core.

Do they both feel warm to the touch?

Old 09-25-02, 05:46 PM
poners
Visiting Guest
heater hoses

yes they are both hot

Old 09-26-02, 07:47 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The problem lies inside the vehicle with the vent doors. Make sure they work properly and close and open all the way.

Old 09-26-02, 10:20 AM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

The blend door is stuck. It's a pretty common problem on these vans. Chrysler issued a TSB on it years ago. Ask your dealer for a copy & follow the directions in the TSB. When that doesn't work (and it probably won't!) you'll have to remove the instrument panel, steering column and heater plenum. You'll then have to remove the top of the plenum to access the blend door.

Remove the blend door & clean the rust from the lower blend door pivot. Apply silicone grease to the pivot & reassemble the van.