Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Radio Buzz

Visiting Guest

09-26-02, 06:19 PM   #1  
Chinook
Radio Buzz

On my '84 Ford Ranger, I've recently been getting a buzz like sound on my radio while the engine is running. What can I do to fix it? Thanks alot.

Sponsored Links

09-26-02, 09:00 PM   #2  
probably a good idea to check your plug wires and spark plugs if they have alot of miles on them i would just replace them, make sure you buy suppresion core wires and spark plugs with internal resistor usually indicated with an r in the part number, sometimes noise can be caused by alternator also.

Visiting Guest

09-27-02, 04:55 PM   #3  
Chinook
Radio Buzz - Bejay

Thanks alot Bejay for the good advice. I know my truck could use a good tuneup. Hopefully, that will take care of the buzz thingy, as well as the stalling at stops when it's cold out. Thanks again.

Visiting Guest

09-28-02, 04:37 AM   #4  
Buzz Lighthead
Buzz

When you have the tune up done,tell the mechanic you want plugs that will not interfere with your radio signal.

Visiting Guest

09-28-02, 04:59 AM   #5  
Joe_F
Simply use OEM quality replacement parts which are designed with radio supression in mind and there's no problem

Unless you run solid core wires or racing wires, most aftermarket replacement wires provide radio supression .

Visiting Guest

09-28-02, 03:04 PM   #6  
Chinook
Great replies from all. Thanks to everyone.

Visiting Guest

09-30-02, 05:46 PM   #7  
davidf
davidf

tighten all ground connections to trroughout car including any under carpet and under dash to metals rails.Any bad grounds,scrape and check braided ribbon cable engine to chassis groundand make sure the radio ground is good.

Search this Thread