Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Suspension Woes

OH

09-30-02, 11:00 AM   #1  
Suspension Woes

My car seems to rock from side to side alot whenever I turn the wheel. It's especially noticeable when I turn into a parking space, or something like that, but it can be noticed when I change lanes on the freeway. Last year I changed my springs out for some lower ones (about 1.5 inches lower), and also changed my shocks/struts at the same time. What does anyone think could be the problem? thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-30-02, 01:37 PM   #2  
davidf
sway nay

Loose stabilisor bar mount or broken somewhere on it

OH

09-30-02, 01:54 PM   #3  
Stabilizer bar being the sway bar? Would it be the front bar, or the rear?

Visiting Guest

09-30-02, 02:30 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Type of vehicle? Reason for lowering it? Mileage? Last time the front end has seen service.

Zero benefit to lowering for a street driven vehicle, but creates tons of headaches and wear on the parts in the long run. Depending on what was done, it will also make it more squirrely as well.

Visiting Guest

09-30-02, 03:35 PM   #5  
davidf
nay sway

Anti-sway bar front or back

OH

09-30-02, 08:56 PM   #6  
Sorry...forgot to post the specifics. It's a 1998 Ford Mustang. Reason for lowering it would be better cornering ability. There's about 50k miles on the car now. I realized going in that lowering it would create a harsher ride than stock, but you give a little, you get a little, you know? Thanks

Visiting Guest

10-01-02, 03:31 AM   #7  
Joe_F
A little does a lot! You are changing the suspension geometry of the vehicle.

Better off with faster rate and high performance parts that RETAIN the stock ride height. It is done that way for a reason .

Search this Thread