Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Jeep Grand Cherokee missing

Visiting Guest

10-03-02, 12:37 PM   #1  
marcof
Jeep Grand Cherokee missing

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee that misses. I had an exhaust manifold crack and replaced it. Now the jeep may run
for a couple hours or just a few minutes and it starts missing.
The check engine light comes on when this happens. The codes are 23, 27, 42, which suggest it is in the gas. But I was wondering if maybe the oxygen sensor could make it do this. I have checked for vacuum leaks and such and found none. Any
advice will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-03-02, 01:09 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Check the links and posts below in my signature file.

Enlighten us on what those code descriptions are and we can help a little bit more.

Visiting Guest

10-03-02, 01:37 PM   #3  
marcof
error codes

The error codes are 23....Air charge or throttle body temperature vottage. 27...Injector # 1, 2, 3 control current and peak current not reached. and 42...Fuel pump or no auto shut down relay voltage sent at controller. I have changed the relay so I don't think it iis the problem. Thanks

10-03-02, 04:58 PM   #4  
make sure nothing has been left unplugged like the air charge temp sensor,injectors etc, did you remove intake when changed exhaust header, is this a 6 cylinder?
then disconnect the battery for atleast 30 seconds then reconnect and drive vehicle until check engine light returns then recheck your codes im sure that not all of them will come back, and start with the code or codes that returned.

Visiting Guest

10-04-02, 10:33 AM   #5  
marcof
I ckecked the plugs and everything seems to be right. The jeep is a 4.o L 6 cylinder. The error codes all came back after disconnecting the battery and running the vehicle. And yes the intake was removed to change the manifold.

10-04-02, 05:28 PM   #6  
i would suggest taking to shop and having diagnosed may have pcm or wiring problem a shop will be able to scan and actually see the readings off the air temp sensor and assuming they can see the vehicle missing determine if it is losing injector pulse to some of the injectors and if so be able to test the wiring from injector to pcm and determine what the problem is.

Search this Thread