90 Honda Accord Won't Start Again

Old 10-03-02, 05:17 PM
NENASELENA
Visiting Guest
Angry 90 Honda Accord Won't Start Again

MY 1990 HONDA ACCORD EX 2DOOR COUPE WILL NOT START!!!!!!I REPLACED THE DISTRIBUTOR(WITH NEW HONDA DISTRIBUTOR)THE CAR STARTED DROVE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR,PARK THE CAR AND HAD TO BE TOWED BACK.I DID NOTICE THE GAS WAS HESITATING WHILE DRIVING.I REPLACED THE MAIN RELAY(WITHNEW HONDA RELAY),AND THE CAR STARTED AGAIN.I LET IT RUN FOR A FEW MINUTES TURNED IT OFF,WAITED A FEW MINUTES AND STARTED IT AGAIN NO PROBLEM.I DID THIS A FEW TIMES AND STILL NO PROBLEM.ABOUT AN HOUR LATER I WENT OUT TO DRIVE THE CAR AND IT WOULD NOT START,THE DASH LIGHTS COME ON AND THE ENGINE CRANKS THERE IS A SPARK,IT JUST WON'T TURN OVER.MY HUSBAND IS GUESSING IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FUELPUMP.DOES IT SOUND LIKE WE'RE CLOSE?AND IF WE ARE; IS THE FUEL PUMP SOMETHING MY HUSBAND WOULD BEABLE TO DO?OR SHOULD WE LEAVE IT TO A PRO?PLEEEEEEEEEEASE HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-02, 07:54 PM
it could be a fuel pump but you would need to do a pressure test and also check for power to fuel pump before you condemed it, it could also be electrical problem causing loss of injector pulse due to a sensor reading incorrectly or computer problem, it may be something that you want to take to shop and have diagnossed.
on all the hondas i have installed fuel pumps on, was a simple job with access panel either in the trunk or under back seat for easy removal of fuel pump and is likely something you could do yourself if found was the problem.