Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Saturn brakes

10-04-02, 10:20 AM   #1  
Saturn brakes

Gotta do the front brakes on my brother in laws 92 Saturn on Saturday. Unfortunetly I am not sure what the exact model is, but it is the 2 door saturn with the puny engine(aren't they all though?)

Just wondered if anyone has ever done the front brakes on this kinda beast b4. I have done front brakes on many many cars, but every once in a while you run into a real jacked up design. Any special tools needed on this one? Anything to look out for? What kind of caliper bolts are they? Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-04-02, 11:29 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Piece of cake. 13mm bolts as I recall. Soak them good with WD40 before removing them. The caliper then swings out of the way and then you are able to pull the pads out.

MAKE SURE you route the brake hose in a loop toward the back of the car, or the hose WILL rub on the tire and make a racket.

Change the rotors at the same time. The early Saturn rotors were defective and rotted out. Use OEM or good quality US or Canadian made parts (Wagner, Bendix, Raybestos, etc)

You can also use the autolibrary.org link I have below to guide you.

I've done them, my mother has a 1993 Saturn SL2.

10-04-02, 02:07 PM   #3  
Thanks joe!!!

Search this Thread