Thanks Joe and Knuckles!!

Old 10-04-02, 10:38 PM
Thanks Joe and Knuckles!!

My wifes 2k jetta popped an engine light today, and being that it is off warranty we don't have the cash to take it in. She was freaking out, but I said, don't worry lets just go to autozone. I remembered the two of you suggesting many times to take cars into autozone to have the codes read.

Sure enough, 5 minutes later and we had an o2 sensor problem. Anyway, you guys saved me much money for diagnosis!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-02, 07:03 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Ahh, ok, . (Yes we did state that AZ scans codes for free, but we helped without knowing it...lol).

It should still be covered under the 3/36 VW warranty. My sister was able to get her window fixed out of warranty for free on her Y2K Jetta 2.0 by just explaining to the dealer it shouldn't break so soon. She also had problems with the windows while under warranty.

Not my pick of a car, frankly.

Glad you got it in order.

Old 10-06-02, 07:09 PM
unfortunetly, after 3 years, the car has 52k miles, and the car is out of warranty now. oh well. Not my pick of car either, the build quality is junk, but she really loves it. Sarah has had multiple problems with the windows falling into the door, just like your sister.

FYI, VW now has a recall on it, and has redesigned the window crank mechanism inside the door. The problem is on the front 2 windows only, so if your sis had the work done a while ago, they WILL break again, ours did 3 times!!!! They will do the work regardless if it is under warranty or not and upgrade it to the new type.

Old 10-07-02, 03:54 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
That's good information Jeremy....

My sister's has power windows though, so it may/may not be the same issue.

Hopefully, all I will have to do is change oil on it. Even that's a story.

Old 10-07-02, 12:50 PM
actually, it does apply to power windows. I just said window crank because I forgot the term for the mechanism inside the door. Sarah has power windows on hers.

Old 10-07-02, 01:10 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Seems like a known problem as my sister has had trouble with different windows in the vehicle, and a couple of different times.

It's not that impressive of a car to me. You have to remove this splashshield in the front to replace the oil filter and change the oil, and I remember the first time I did it the filter was BARRELED on there from the factory. Lol.