Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

toyota solara scratches

Visiting Guest

10-05-02, 02:07 PM   #1  
shawner2713
toyota solara scratches

i recently realized that there are a few small scratches (not really deep) that look like key scratches. i park it in the school parking lot so that is possible. i was wondering if anyone could give me steps to touching them up so that i prevent rust and so that they are innoticable as possible.
thank you

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-05-02, 03:01 PM   #2  
josh1
www.por15.com

use that to fill the scratches after using a wire core pencil brush to remove any rust dirt etc. Then use a touch up paint. POR rules!

Hope this helps-Josh

Visiting Guest

10-05-02, 05:21 PM   #3  
Bill Locke
try some GS 27 Scratch remover available at most stores handling automotive products. I have had great luck with that.
On one scratch that was too deep even for that, I used some turtle wax product that is the same color as the paint and supplies a crayon to fill the scratch so it is barely noticible. It worked very well If you go the touch up paint route, use the GS 27 after the paint is dry. It will feather it in for you very nicely without damaging any of the good paint.

Visiting Guest

10-05-02, 05:36 PM   #4  
Joe_F
And if that fails, a body shop should be able to handle this relatively cheaply for you....good suggestions here.

Search this Thread