Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Turn signal - left blinks faster than right

Visiting Guest

10-07-02, 11:19 AM   #1  
Mosey
Turn signal - left blinks faster than right

My 89 Chevy pickup just started doing something odd this morning. The left turn signal blinks too fast, but the right turn signal is still OK. I checked the bulbs and all of them are working. Is there a separate blinker for left and right? I always thought there was just one. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-07-02, 12:21 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Possibly a bad flasher. Any parts store can provide a replacement.

Make sure there is no trailer wiring that has gone haywire or else you will get grief the same as a burned out bulb.

Sure the right bulbs are in there and not burned out or defective? Double check!

10-07-02, 06:09 PM   #3  
might remove your rear lights and take them apart and look for corrosion on the circuit board common problem, and may be causing your problem.

Visiting Guest

10-09-02, 06:14 AM   #4  
Mosey
OK, the problem is solved. I put new bulbs in the front and that didn't help. I put a new bulb in the back and the problem went away. I'm guessing the 10 second delay was because the bulb heated up then started causing the problem. Thanks for all your help!

Visiting Guest

10-09-02, 09:31 AM   #5  
Joe_F
Good job. Generally it's the simple stuff that's overlooked!

Search this Thread