94 dodge shadow blower motor

Old 10-08-02, 04:40 AM
aqha_roper
Visiting Guest
94 dodge shadow blower motor

I have a 94 Dodge shadow, 4cyl, standard, w/ ac. Several months ago my blower motor just quit. I have checked the fuses and they are ok. What do I look for next.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-02, 05:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Possible bad blower resistor. Any Chrysler dealer has it in stock and can show you the location in the parts book. Likely problem here.

Bring power from the battery direct to the blower motor. If it spins, the motor is fine. The resistor is the likely problem.

Old 10-18-02, 03:52 PM
aqha_roper
Visiting Guest
Blower mototr not working

Originally posted by Joe_F
Possible bad blower resistor. Any Chrysler dealer has it in stock and can show you the location in the parts book. Likely problem here.

Bring power from the battery direct to the blower motor. If it spins, the motor is fine. The resistor is the likely problem.
Ok...again I have a 94 dodge shadow w/air. I replaced the resistor and found that the old one was fried! the plug has some blast scoring on it from the short. I replaced it and still have nothing. i have spent the last day trying to figure it out. Now...if that wasn't enough, I get my check engine light coming on and my oil lamp comes on. Any ideas? The junkyard perhaps!

Old 10-18-02, 04:02 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have you checked for power at the resistor now? If the connector is fried, then you should check for a short/power at the connector.

For the oil problem, the oil sending unit could be bad or you could have an oil pressure problem. Is the oil clean and full?

See my links in my signature file below for some ideas on the check engine light...most notably batauto.com and autolibrary.org

Old 10-18-02, 07:02 PM
aqha_roper
Visiting Guest
how to check power at resistor

Joe,

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

I am not sure what pins to check power across at the resistor. Is there a diagram or could you tell me which ones should have power. Do I need a voltage tester..ie:multimeter, or would a tester light work out? I will check the sending unit, there wasn't any problem prior to me tearing into this car with the oil light.

As for some background, the dealer, told me the resistor was located under the IP on the Passenger side of the car. So, I tore the Ip most of the way out. Still didn't find it. Next they said it is located in the blower motor housing, so I took that out and found nothing. 6 hours later and a interior disassembled about 50 percent I was pretty upset. I went back to the dealer and looked at the service manual and the resistor was located behind the washer bottle located under the cowl. So, I proceeded to reassemble my car. I got to a point that I could turn on the car with the heater switch assembly in and try to test it. Nothing, so thats when I came to my comp to get help.

Now I don't mind taking it apart since this is nothing new to me. I am an Autoworker employed for Mitsubishi Motors and I build cars all day long. I actually enjoyed taking the Shadow apart. So, what do you think of my problem? I really hate electrical problems! Even in Mitsubishi!

Old 10-19-02, 06:54 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Smile

I take it you work at the Normal, Ill plant for them?

You're used to putting them together, not taking them apart . Lol.

Now you see why we curse guys like you who overtorque a bolt, or cross thread something or make a general nuisance out of assembling a car when a guy like me goes to restore it and take it apart 20+ years later. LOL.

I have found extra screws under carpets, overspray and all sorts of hair raisers over the years where I say, "Boy, must have been lunch time when this one was rolling down the line!" Lol.

Try the autolibrary.org link I have below in my signature file, cutting and pasting it to your browser as I have it. Pretty good information there.

Old 10-19-02, 04:22 PM
aqha_roper
Visiting Guest
Over torqued bolts......no way!....lol Actually if you only knew how we take them apart and put them back together as they come down the line you might faint!

Yes I infact work at the only US production facility, in Normal, Illinois. Please no jokes, I have heard them all....lol.

We are running so fast it is very difficult for us to initiate a repair, with the line speed and the work load. I am not trying to cry, just present the fact.

Most of the problem for loose bolts and as we call it "buzz, squeeks and rattles" is that when we stop the line to make a repair which may take us 30-45 seconds to do, our group leaders, ( some factories they are line forman) are on our case, pronto! Production, production, production! I suppose they have to make money too. Often, I will have some techs from dealers come thru and ask questions about my area of the plant. I work on the door line, it is more specialized and we usually, don't have the time to answer them. Just keep in mind that every 51 seconds a car comes off our line. In theory anyway! Provided some area of the plant doesn't go down. So for you numbers guys, put your car on jack stands with the doors off and the hood off, then jump in it do something for 50 seconds and then jump out. now repeat for the next 10 hours....lol. Makes you old fast! thats why many Manufacturing plants have lower quality than we used to. I am not bashing our products, I am just pointing out that in todays market all companies are cutting expenses and trying to get higher productivity. Something always falls to the way side and in this case, quality will drop some.

So without fail, I will follow your link and see if I can resolve this blower motor problem. Maybe I can have heat this winter yet!

Anyone have a tow truck?????

thanks again for your help!

Old 10-19-02, 10:31 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Wink

Lol. That's Mitsubishi for ya. All those dancing songs on TV and that annoying "ZERO ZERO" guy on the radio must have to make up for the quality short fall. LOL

It's funny what you find. Today, I had to take the lower A/C duct off of my 89 Cavalier, a 25,000 mile original I got from my grandfather and I have been the only one to touch it since 1989.

No fewer than three stripped screws, a wire tie that wasn't cut, one loose nut from 1989 , and some other "wows" under there. Good old Lordstown. LOL.

I only buy American made, American designed, American built stuff.

Let us know about your issue and what it turns out.