Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

96 Ford Taurus break light

Visiting Guest

10-10-02, 06:42 AM   #1  
yuanxd
96 Ford Taurus break light

I have a 1996 Ford Taurus. Its break light, turning light and reverse light are built together in a unit. Recently, a break light bulb does not work but other bulbs in the same unit still do. Can anyone please tell me if I can replace that break light bulb only or I have to replace the whole light unit? Can I do it myself?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-10-02, 08:09 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Replace the bulb if the other functions of that same lamp work.

See the autolibrary.org link I have below. That should have how to change the bulbs on the vehicle.

Visiting Guest

10-10-02, 08:36 AM   #3  
yuanxd
Thank you, Joe.

Unfortunately, I cannot get in autolibrary.org with my PC either at home (Window98) or at work (Window2000 Professional). I got a message saying: " You are not authorized to view this page. You do not have permission to view this directory or page from the Internet address of your Web browser ...."Does anybody else have the same experience with that web site?

Joe, could you please tell me how to open that unit?

Thanks.

Visiting Guest

10-10-02, 10:09 AM   #4  
Joe_F
You must use the link AS I have it bookmarked (Notice I have "copy and paste this to your browser), or it won't work.

The browser needs to be enabled for cookies as well.

Most of the time, if you pull back the trunk carpet trim the bulbs are staring you in the face, or you'll see the bolts and nuts that hold the unit to the body. Remove those and the lamp should slide out. The bulbs and sockets are there.

Get the right bulbs from the parts store and you should be all set.

Search this Thread