Heater problems? Help

Old 10-13-02, 10:15 PM
bigpoppax2
Visiting Guest
Heater problems? Help

I am working on a 1997 Isuzu that the blower motor just quit working. I have checked all of the fuses, relays, resistor block, and the general shape of the wiring. Everything looks good, I even swapped the relay out and put a new fuse in.

I then checked things out with the multi-meter. I checked out the leads at the motor, and at the plug that attaches to the back of the blower switch. No 12 volts either place. I checked the blower switch and it has continuity at each position. I am going to put 12 volts across the blower motor just to see if it works. I figure it will seeing how there's no power anywhere.

I can then run a new wire with a in-line fuse to the blower switch. Just bypass the existing wiring, to see if it will work. The only thing I haven't checked would be what the Haynes manual calls the thermal link. I have no idea where it is, or even what it looks like. I am familiar with fusable links, just wondering if this is the same thing or even similar.

Unsure of where to go from here. I need to get this straightened out soon it's getting cold.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-02, 03:42 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check the autolibrary link I have below.

Old 10-14-02, 03:54 AM
bigpoppax2
Visiting Guest
Joe, I got this message when I looked up this particular truck:

There are no repair instructions for this vehicle.

I have done everything in the Haynes Manual, I might end up making the temporary fix a permement one. If the "new" fused power wire works.

Old 10-14-02, 05:41 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Make sure you are putting the MODEL there and not the make.

1997 Trooper, not 1997 Isuzu.

Barring that, try a year or two older and see if they have anything on that.