Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

toyota 4x4

Visiting Guest

10-14-02, 09:18 PM   #1  
pike2
toyota 4x4

I HAVE A 1993 TOYOTA 4x4 EXT CAB. 22R ENGINE. WHEN I GERE DOWN SOME TIMES I CAN NOT GET IT IN GERE.COULD THIS MEAN THAT MY CLUTCH IS STARTING TO GO. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE. I WOULD LIKE ANY HELP I CAN GET.
THANKS PIKE.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-15-02, 05:49 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Not sure of your actual question. What's "gere"?

Mileage? Last time it saw a clutch?

Last edited by Joe_F; 10-15-02 at 06:28 PM.

Visiting Guest

10-15-02, 02:45 PM   #3  
Baldguy
93 Toyota

I had an 89. Have you checked the clutch fluid resv? If it's low, replenish. If it's low and also dirty, replace the fluid.

What about the transmission oil? Last checked and quality of?

How many miles? I had 115,000 of highway miles on mine before I replaced the clutch...

Visiting Guest

10-15-02, 10:56 PM   #4  
bigpoppax2
If it's just when you are going down a gear , then it could be your synchronizers going bad. I would do as baldguy suggests, and check your fliud, first. Then maybe have a tranny shop look at your synchros for you. Although I would think you woul dhave trouble going up a gear as well if it was your synchronizers.

And Joe why do you need to be that way, good grief the guy just spelled something wrong. You knew what he was talking about. I am a well educated engineer but I don't think it's necessary to down others for any reason. Lighten up man.

Visiting Guest

10-16-02, 03:57 AM   #5  
Joe_F
Couldn't understand what the original question was.

When the original post is not clear, lacks information, and is not direct, we will all waste time answering it and asking questions for information that should be provided.

As noted in my signature file, this forum has rules, regulations, and also it has posting guidelines.

These are required for posting.

When you answer 10,000+ posts on this forum as I have, you'll see what value time has.

Dig? . I believe you do.

Search this Thread