1988 chevy sprint 1.0

Old 10-15-02, 02:15 PM
Cherryl
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 1988 chevy sprint 1.0

my car will turn over but not start have tried everything else only thing left is maybe the timing jumped and need the specs to check it

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-02, 06:30 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Keep all posts on the same vehicle together by using the reply button.

Again, you must start with the basics. See the links I have below. Must start here.

First, read my post "the Basics" and let us know what you find. Go from there.

Old 10-15-02, 07:12 PM
Cherryl
Visiting Guest
Unhappy chevy sprint 1988 1.0

I am new to the computer and can't seem to go to your links that you tell me to go to

Old 10-15-02, 09:28 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Go down below to my signature file. Highlight the link for autolibrary, and copy and paste it to your browser.

You'll then get to the site and can follow the directions.

I suggest you start with my post "The Basics first".

You need to tell us:

1) If you have spark all the time or not. Take off a plug wire and stick a screwdriver in the end. Lay it near a metal ground and do not hold it. Crank over this shoe, I mean Spectrum , and tell us if you have a fat, blue, consistent spark or not.
2) If you have fuel going to the carburetor (I believe this year is carbureted).
3) Take off the distributor cap. Crank over the motor. If the distributor rotor doesn't turn, stop here. We've got problems Houston...broken timing belt.

Think long and hard about putting money into this thing at this point if you have a broken timing belt. This car is very low end and poor quality with a low book value. It will be a perpetual money pit if you sink too much into it .

Start here with those three things first.