Grand Am blower resistor

Old 10-15-02, 04:42 PM
Ceaser
Visiting Guest
Grand Am blower resistor

Is the blower resistor hard to get to on a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am?
(I don't have a manual yet. It's on order. )
The dealer will replace it but for $120.00 Canadian.

Is it in a tight spot?

Ceaser.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-02, 06:16 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Should be covered free on the 3/36 GM factory warranty. Even if you are a little over on mileage, fight for it to be fixed free.

Barring that, a quick call to any GM dealer's parts dept will net you the location of the resistor.

Old 10-15-02, 11:23 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
The blower motor resistor is located under the passenger side of the dash, next to the blower motor. It's easy to get to & doesn't take long to replace. You will need to remove the lower hush panel on the pass. side to access the blower resistor.

Old 10-18-02, 02:19 AM
Ceaser
Visiting Guest
Just like you said.

Thanks Guys,

Just like you said Knuckles. Was easy to get to but what a tight spot. Had to buy the smallest socket wrench I could find. Let me tell ya it was a tight fit. It was a favor for a friend, he was tired of the 5th speed of that blower (it could blow a hump off a camels back). Now he's set for the winter. We both thank you guy's. I got a free wrench & saved me buddy some
fat $$$

You guys are the best!
Ceaser.

P.S.My friend says he has no warraty, or its finnished, or they bought it used, or got ripped off. I could'nt get a straight answer out of him I think it's his Mom's car but He dosen't want me to know. ????