Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'88 broncoII, 4x4 drive

Visiting Guest

10-16-02, 10:12 AM   #1  
tnpops
'88 broncoII, 4x4 drive

Hello Everyone;
I bought another '88 BroncoII, 2.9L, 4 sp od, 117,000 miles. Just my luck the 4x4 and lo range do not work. I dropped the overhead console to check for power. With the ignition on, there is a red wire with 12v. going to the printed circuit board, but it seems to dead end at the board. There is a yellow wire suppling power to the 2 switches but it only has 5.5v. Where does this yellow wire get its power from? When I push either switch I hear a faint sound like a relay from under the dash, I hear the same sound when I release the switch, but I cannot locate the relay? I have found the module behind the drivers seat on the side panel. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Gary

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-16-02, 10:15 AM   #2  
Joe_F
In many cases, the brushes on the actuator get glazed (I forget what type of system the Bronco II has) and it won't engage. Mostly a problem where the 4WD isn't used much?

What does your service manual have to say? If you don't have one (You should ), check the links and posts I have below to see if they have anything on it.

Search this Thread