removing the oil filter

Old 10-19-02, 12:58 AM
cleo
Visiting Guest
removing the oil filter

I have a 2000 Ford Contour SE, V-6, 2.5 liter engine. All I want to do is change the oil!! I can't get to the oil filter! I can get the filter wrench on the filter but there's no room to manuever. Help! How can I get the filter off? Is there a special tool or some tricky way to get to it? This should be the easiest thing to do myself, it's getting pretty darn aggrevating. I'm about ready to stab a screw driver thru it and twist it off that way!!
:confused:

Old 10-19-02, 01:06 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they do make several different types of oil filter wrenches or sockets you may have to buy another type or just use the screwdriver if you dont mind making a mess.

Old 10-19-02, 01:10 AM
cleo
Visiting Guest
Thanks bejay. I'v got 3 different wrenches at this point. I'm opting for the screwdriver and mess!

Old 10-19-02, 07:35 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
As BeJay said, there are all kinds of wrenches to do this job. After you get it done, visit a GOOD auto parts store and have a look around. There's bound to be one there that will help your cause

I remember my friend and I had a stubborn filter on a Toyota. Being that my friend is a plumber, the light went off in his head.

He slithered out from under the car, popped his trunk and pulled out a pair of huge Channellock pliers. In two seconds, the filter was sitting on the floor in the drain pan. Lol!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: