Not so Hot Heater

Old 10-19-02, 11:09 AM
Question Not so Hot Heater

The air temperature output by the heater of my 94 Plymouth Grand Voyager isn't very "hot". I haven't measured the actual temp, but I can tell that it just isn't as warm as usual.

Can someone tell me what the possible causes of this condition are?

Thanks!

Rick

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-02, 01:06 PM
It could be a bad thermostat,clogged heater core,low coolant level,misadjusted or damaged blend door,air distrubution system blockage,bad control head,heater water valve or low circulation but that should make you run hot(low circulation).Feel the heater hoses for temperature and post back they both should be hot.You may have a vacuum leak also. affecting the operation of the control head or blend door.Do you have any other symptoms?

Old 10-19-02, 01:08 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I agree with Davo. Right on the money.

Old 10-19-02, 01:44 PM
OK, I checked both heater hoses and they are both hot. Also, coolant level is right on, and there are no leaks.

There don't appear to be any other symptoms. All the vent directional controls work fine (i.e., defrost, floor, top vent, etc.) for directing the air flow in the car. The recirc and cold air flow is fine.

I should tell you that I just got my rig back yesterday from the local dealer. The problem was that there was a louver from the passenger air vent stuck in the heater box, so I couldn't move the air control slide to the "heat" side of the air control head. They took most of the dash apart to get to the heater box, opened it up and removed the louver. They told me that the core looked and everything else looked fine. That's why I wasn't overly concerned about the core being bad. But I'm now wondering if something didn't get put back correctly, or there was something else stuck in there that got missed???

Rick

Old 10-19-02, 03:19 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You should have provided this information the first time.

No doubt in my mind with this new information that something is not on right or the temperature selector cable that controls the vent door is at fault.

Back to the dealer to have them repair it right.

Old 10-19-02, 03:31 PM
Mea culpa on omitting the info regarding the repair. Sorry. I will take it back in first thing Monday. I guess I just expected them to get it right the first time!

Thanks!

rn

Search this Thread