Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2001 Chevy Malibu

Visiting Guest

10-21-02, 09:40 AM   #1  
snoop
2001 Chevy Malibu

Hello,

I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu, with 43,000 miles on it. The car has run well, as it should for it's mileage, but now will not start. I woke up one morning to go to work, tryed to start the car but it would not start. It does turn over. I have unplugged the negative battery cable to reset any glitches in the computer with no luck. It just does not make any sense to me why one day the car runs well, and the next day it does not. Being a bad fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, or bad coil, wouldn't I have noticed some symptoms? I am wondering if this problem has been brought up by any other Malibu owners, cause I have been hearing that the newer Malibus have some sort of electrical problem(s) that cause the car not to start.
Thanks to all responses.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-21-02, 10:10 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Start with the links and posts below in my signature file...most notably "The Basics".

Tell us what you find.

Visiting Guest

10-21-02, 03:37 PM   #3  
davidf
step on brake pedal after removing negative battery clamp.This is done to discharge computer power and hence its memory

Search this Thread