Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Hyundai Making noise

Visiting Guest

10-21-02, 09:14 PM   #1  
loopermatt
Hyundai Making noise

Hello my lovely girlfriend owns a 1999 Hyundai Tiburon, after parking her car on a curb (dont ask), The car started to produce a "new unusual noise" in the front right area of the suspension (curiosly the same tire she parked up on a curb). My first suspicion was ball joints. If anyone knows what this sounds like please let me know.

Thank you
<----- My girlfriend

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-22-02, 08:37 AM   #2  
Joe_F
What type of noise is it making? Do you see damage anywhere? Rubbing of any parts?

Might be worth it to have it checked out.

Visiting Guest

10-23-02, 10:28 AM   #3  
loopermatt
A somewhat loud thunking noise....if it's ball joints, what could it run to fix? Is it possible to do it in a driveway?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-23-02, 04:31 PM   #4  
When does it make the noise? Where does is seem to be coming from? Does it make the noise on bumps, or always? Turning?

I doubt that it's ball joints, but you knever know. I think the bigger probability would be a bent sway bar, bent exhaust hitting something, a shield knocked loose hitting something, etc...

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

10-23-02, 06:21 PM   #5  
loopermatt
Makes the sound when braking, and from the same tire she parked on a curb.

Visiting Guest

10-24-02, 03:50 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Have you taken the wheel off and peeked in there to see what's going on?

Visiting Guest

10-24-02, 09:39 AM   #7  
loopermatt
Hyundai

Yes I took the wheel off a took a peek but there was nothing visible other than I had forgotten to put the cover on the brake pads, but that wasnt the same noise. I think that it might be a bent sway bar and am going to check that this morning. Keep you posted.

Search this Thread