Couple Questions


Old 10-22-02, 03:32 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 91
Couple Questions

Hey Joe,

This is on my 1989 Camaro, 305 Vin E, TBI.

I see on the transmission filter box that it says, "Be sure to change modulator" Where/what is this, and should I change while I'm in there?

I purchased a one man brake bleeder. I see where the container has to be higher than the hose/bleed valve, but I'm still a little puzzled on the process. Am I to understand that there is no need to have someone hold the brake pedal down to avoid backfeed of air, etc? I just pump till the line is clear?

I just bought two new rubber brake hoses for the calipers. I see there are two different part numbers. The hoses look identical tho. Which is which?

Thanks Joe!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-02, 03:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Ask the parts store which # is for what side. There is probably a difference!! Have them double check the catalog.

Pitch the one man bleeder and get a helper. Works better .

A modulator is a vacuum cansister type device that provides vacuum to aid in shifting. I cannot recall if your 700R4 has one or not, but I think not.

The box instructions are generic and don't apply to all vehicles.
Old 10-22-02, 03:34 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 91
thanks joe!!!!!
Old 10-22-02, 06:50 PM
michaelshortt's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Washington State
Posts: 788
I use the one person bleeder all the time. Works great for me. When the air bubles stop showing up, quit.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes