Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2000 Bonneville Window Problem

Visiting Guest

10-25-02, 10:48 PM   #1  
jrvr
2000 Bonneville Window Problem

The rear passenger window made a noise when I pressed the automatic button to raise the window. The motor is running fine, but the window will not go up, it will only go down. Upon removing the door panel, it appears that the cable that operates the up motion has become disengaged. I am unclear exactly how to re-attach it. The warranty just ran out. I am a mechanic myself, but I don't have any information on this particular problem. Can you help?

Last edited by jrvr; 10-26-02 at 02:45 PM.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-26-02, 01:55 PM   #2  
otter_
still under warranty?

If so, see dealer for free repair.

Visiting Guest

10-26-02, 03:03 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree. Back together and to the GM dealer. Should be covered by the factory warranty.

Visiting Guest

10-27-02, 08:33 AM   #4  
otter_
oops

read your post again and noticed that you are out of warranty. Button everything back together, DON'T tell the dealership that you've been digging around in there and hope for the best. If you're JUST out of warranty and have given that dealer some work in the past, you may be able to get a goodwill repair out of them. Dealer's call.

Visiting Guest

10-27-02, 08:37 AM   #5  
Joe_F
If you're just out of warranty, I'm sure with the right amount of persuasion the dealer will handle it free or split the repair with you.

If not, call up GM's hotline and voice your dissatisfaction with the the product and maybe you can get something worked out.

Search this Thread