2000 Bonneville Window Problem

Old 10-25-02, 10:48 PM
jrvr
Visiting Guest
2000 Bonneville Window Problem

The rear passenger window made a noise when I pressed the automatic button to raise the window. The motor is running fine, but the window will not go up, it will only go down. Upon removing the door panel, it appears that the cable that operates the up motion has become disengaged. I am unclear exactly how to re-attach it. The warranty just ran out. I am a mechanic myself, but I don't have any information on this particular problem. Can you help?

Last edited by jrvr; 10-26-02 at 02:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-02, 01:55 PM
otter_
Visiting Guest
still under warranty?

If so, see dealer for free repair.

Old 10-26-02, 03:03 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree. Back together and to the GM dealer. Should be covered by the factory warranty.

Old 10-27-02, 08:33 AM
otter_
Visiting Guest
oops

read your post again and noticed that you are out of warranty. Button everything back together, DON'T tell the dealership that you've been digging around in there and hope for the best. If you're JUST out of warranty and have given that dealer some work in the past, you may be able to get a goodwill repair out of them. Dealer's call.

Old 10-27-02, 08:37 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If you're just out of warranty, I'm sure with the right amount of persuasion the dealer will handle it free or split the repair with you.

If not, call up GM's hotline and voice your dissatisfaction with the the product and maybe you can get something worked out.