What Am I Doing Wrong?

Old 10-27-02, 12:18 PM
oceanblueeyes
Visiting Guest
What Am I Doing Wrong?

I am trying to get broken bolt out with Eases Out. I drilled my hole with the drill, tapped the Eases Out so it is tight but it isnt turning the bolt any.

They recommended the staight end Eases Out rather than the
Counter Screw type, which is better? This one seems to be rounding off edges quickly by the pressure of the turning.

Please let me know which one works better. We are getting no where with the straight edged one.

Old 10-27-02, 01:10 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have you tried to heat the bolt with a torch to free it up? Tried pentrating oil and letting it soak in?

Old 10-27-02, 08:15 PM
KUZBRO
Visiting Guest
Yep,...looks like you need to remove the timing chain cover. Plan to replace the front seal while you are at it. You'll also have to remove the harmonic balancer,...you'll need the puller for that. Anyway, in reference to easy-outs,..they aren't easy unless the center of the bolt is drilled properly and you have good access. Your primary concern is to not drill into the block where a hole isn't suppose to be. You may be better off letting a professional machinist handle this job also. It could get real nasty before it gets better. Are you using a penetrating oil? Old parts with rusted bolts and nuts are a problem. They are the little things that turn a half hour job into half a month. Don't mean to discourage you, but it happens. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: