Headlight Condensation

Old 10-28-02, 07:37 PM
Headlight Condensation

I have a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT. I have a lot of water getting into my headlight and subsequently blowing bulbs. I read a posting that made reference to the gasket being worn and I'm assuming that it would be for the bulb socket. Would this gasket be available at a local parts store? COuld there be another cause for the water getting in the headlights?

Thanks,

John

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-02, 10:07 PM
bigpoppax2
Visiting Guest
There is a seal between the lens and the headlight bucket (the part the bulb screws into). This is likely the culprit.

You have to decide whether it's worth your time with a heat gun to try and get the two halves apart, clean the sealing area and try and seal it all back together.

I did it on a 89 CRX, because I've got quite a bit more time than I do money. I just used a clear silicone. No water, no moisture, no condensation. You may need to use a different product, I'm not sure as the headlight will get considerably hotter than my taillight.

Old 10-29-02, 03:47 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
There are also aftermarket knockoffs of these headlamps which are quite reasonably priced. Could just replace them both.

Search this Thread