hesitation

Old 10-29-02, 05:37 AM
vega
Visiting Guest
Cool hesitation

I have a 1994 Dodge Intrepid 3.3. Sometimes on cold startup when I go to drive from a stop the car will hesitate and cough and then be ok after a minute or so. Also, on the highway - when I'm driving and my foot is not on the gas and then I give it some gas, it bucks and hesitates for a split second and then is ok - if I give it quick gas this doesn't seem to happen. I installed a new egr and vaccuum diaphram thinking this was the problem, but no fix. Any help??

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-02, 09:58 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with the links and posts in my signature file.

Old 10-29-02, 05:39 PM
davidf
Visiting Guest
Dirty Gas filter causes surging while cruising.Is your problem a surging problem or hesitation.

Old 11-06-02, 07:09 AM
vega
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by davidf
Dirty Gas filter causes surging while cruising.Is your problem a surging problem or hesitation.
You responded to my problem about hesitation. I have a 1994 Dodge Intrepid. When car is cold - NO problem. Problem ONLY occurs between 55 and 60. During first 1" of gas pedal travel, engine hesitates and stumbles?????

Old 11-06-02, 09:42 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Once again, have you pulled the trouble codes if any from the computer?

A gas filter should be changed at regular intervals with the rest of the tuneup parts. Not likely to be your problem here, but it should be changed as a maintenance, not failure item.

Old 11-06-02, 11:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree....have your codes retrieved from the ECM. This may give you an indication of what is going wrong. I suspect you may have a code that reads: TPS voltage out of range, or something to that effect. There are other possibilities, so check the codes first. Autozone does this for free. (in hopes that you will purchase the needed parts from them).