Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

hesitation

Visiting Guest

10-29-02, 05:37 AM   #1  
vega
hesitation

I have a 1994 Dodge Intrepid 3.3. Sometimes on cold startup when I go to drive from a stop the car will hesitate and cough and then be ok after a minute or so. Also, on the highway - when I'm driving and my foot is not on the gas and then I give it some gas, it bucks and hesitates for a split second and then is ok - if I give it quick gas this doesn't seem to happen. I installed a new egr and vaccuum diaphram thinking this was the problem, but no fix. Any help??

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-29-02, 09:58 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Start with the links and posts in my signature file.

Visiting Guest

10-29-02, 05:39 PM   #3  
davidf
Dirty Gas filter causes surging while cruising.Is your problem a surging problem or hesitation.

Visiting Guest

11-06-02, 07:09 AM   #4  
vega
Originally posted by davidf
Dirty Gas filter causes surging while cruising.Is your problem a surging problem or hesitation.
You responded to my problem about hesitation. I have a 1994 Dodge Intrepid. When car is cold - NO problem. Problem ONLY occurs between 55 and 60. During first 1" of gas pedal travel, engine hesitates and stumbles?????

Visiting Guest

11-06-02, 09:42 AM   #5  
Joe_F
Once again, have you pulled the trouble codes if any from the computer?

A gas filter should be changed at regular intervals with the rest of the tuneup parts. Not likely to be your problem here, but it should be changed as a maintenance, not failure item.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-06-02, 11:51 PM   #6  
I agree....have your codes retrieved from the ECM. This may give you an indication of what is going wrong. I suspect you may have a code that reads: TPS voltage out of range, or something to that effect. There are other possibilities, so check the codes first. Autozone does this for free. (in hopes that you will purchase the needed parts from them).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread