fuel pressure regulator replacement for 96 s-10 blazer 4.3l

Old 10-30-02, 06:41 AM
rjmog
Visiting Guest
fuel pressure regulator replacement for 96 s-10 blazer 4.3l

I am told that my fuel pressure regulator(fpr) or a malfunctioning right side injector may be causing a service engine warning that codes for "right bank too rich". I have ~200000 miles and engine still runs good. Recent prior code warning recommended changing O2 sensors, plugs, rotor, ignition cap which I have done. However, sevice light still comes on intermitently and only the above (right bank too rich) warning is noted. I also have noticed a drop in gas mileage to ~17.5 mpg.

A friend mechanic without personally diagnosing it feels that the fpr is probably the culprit. Since I have a lot of mileage, I thought I would just change the fpr. Would you or someone else have specific instructions from the blazer repair manual on replacing the fpr. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-02, 07:53 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with the links and posts below in my signature file.

Old 10-30-02, 10:19 AM
rjmog
Visiting Guest
re fuel pressure reg

I got your last reply about getting the manu. repair manual.(mrm). Are saying that the alldata service does not have everything that the mrm has?

Is the alldata a glorified chilton's or haynes?

The reason I would like alldata is that I can immediately use it.

I repeat also, from your experience with alldata, does it have extensive or the same tye of diagnostic test that a mrm would have?

Also, how does one find all replies. I was only able to get your first reply and didn't see any links to my i1st reply to you or your second response to me.

Old 10-30-02, 10:30 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Alldata is good overall, but the factory book is better. You'd probably have it in a week's time if you ordered it today from Helm (the publisher for GM).

Alldata and all the rest of them derive their information from the OEM manuals and rewrite it/formulate it for their use. Things can get lost in the transition. I like to stay with the OEM manaul. Better in the long run.

Not sure about your other question. If I reply to your post, you should see all replies. Don't start another post each time, simply use the reply button to keep replying to the same post. Better continuity that way.

Old 11-01-02, 12:27 AM
Copy and paste this link for regulator info.

http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual%20Lookup/cal_ModelLookup.html