Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

white smoke is bad, right?

Visiting Guest

10-31-02, 12:17 PM   #1  
SockMonkey
white smoke is bad, right?

hullo,
i'm looking at buying a 92 pontiac sunbird but it seems to have a problem.... it runs great, it's not leaking oil or making any noises but it is leaking white smoke out the exhaust. the guy who's selling says he thinks it's leaking antifreeze or something out the fumes and that it might be a cracked head gasket. mind you, i know nothing about cars but when my aunt's head gasket died on her car it reeked of oil and made terrible noises. if anyone could give me an idea of what might be wrong and how fixble it is i'd worship them like god for at least five minutes...
Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links

10-31-02, 04:06 PM   #2  
Unless your getting it free or very cheap.Stay far away,those cars had head gasket and cracked head problems.Also if coolant got in the oil the bearings may go bad in a very short time.The camshafts were not very good either.I don't know your financial resources but this may be a bad deal for you,I would pass on the car.

Visiting Guest

10-31-02, 04:11 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with Davo 100%. That car's not worth bus fare. It's a moneypit waiting to happen.

Whatever he's asking above $1.00 is too much.

Visiting Guest

10-31-02, 04:47 PM   #4  
SockMonkey
YIKES! thanks guys!

Search this Thread