Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2000 Honda Accord LX Cruise Control

MA

11-03-02, 02:16 PM   #1  
2000 Honda Accord LX Cruise Control

Hi - I just bought a 2000 Honda Accord LX (4 cyl., automatic transmission, about 14,000 miles). The cruise control doesn't seem to be working. My old Accord had very similar controls for the cruise control, so I know I'm operating it correctly. Because I've had the car less than a week I plan to bring it to the dealer for repair, but I was hoping someone could tell me a little more about how the cruise control works (I just don't like being uninformed when it comes to repairs, even if they're under warranty). The cruise control master switch lights up fine. I accelerate to the desired speed and press the Set switch and the dashboard light comes on, but the cruise control does not activate. I've tried looking in my owner's manual and online for more information, but I couldn't find anything more than a tutorial on how to operate it (no troubleshooting tips or anything). Nothing else appears to be wrong with the car. I'd appreciate any information, or suggestions on where I could look online. Thank you!

Sponsored Links

11-03-02, 02:26 PM   #2  
There should be a power button, and then the usual cruise bottons.

MA

11-03-02, 02:41 PM   #3  
Thanks for your reply - The cruise control power button lights up fine as does the dashboard light when I press the Set button on the steering wheel. The cruise control is just not engaging.

Visiting Guest

11-04-02, 08:28 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Bad servo, module or switch/wiring issue.

The dealer has diagnostic charts and the service manual there to guide them, let them handle it and get all repairs in writing. If there's a problem down the road, you have recourse .

Search this Thread