Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Automatic Door Locks

11-03-02, 08:36 PM   #1  
Automatic Door Locks

I have a 1999 Chev. Silverado K1500. I was wondering if there is a setting that I can change to make my power door locks unlock when I turn off the ignition. My Dad's 2000 Chev. Silverado and my 1999 Pontiac Grand Am will. So, I was assuming that there must be something that I can change.

Thanks,

John

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-04-02, 07:52 AM   #2  
Joe_F
I believe that's an option with certain door lock systems. I know GM had that as far back as the 1970's, my next door neighbor's 77 Electra had that feature....quite handy.

I wouldn't mess with the lock system. Modern systems are multiplexed and a myriad of wires...more trouble than it is likely worth.

Visiting Guest

11-04-02, 10:48 AM   #3  
otter_
you can tailor the locks

on the newest incarnation of the CK platform, but not a '99. If anything, dealership may be able to program the locks via a GM Tech II tool. I'll check with my guys and get back to you.

Visiting Guest

11-04-02, 11:36 AM   #4  
otter_
I was wrong

The only feature that can be tailored is to disable the automatic locking. (must be done at dealer) Door unlock at park or door unlock at key removal just recently showed up on this platform.

Search this Thread