Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Additional Questions 1987 Buick Riviera

Visiting Guest

11-04-02, 03:38 PM   #1  
cjh2
Additional Questions 1987 Buick Riviera

Hello all. I am in the process of shopping for a hood, driver's side fender and two complete headlights with their bucket compartments. I was given a quote of $300.00 for those items for my 1987 Buick Riviera. Does that sound like a good deal?
Also, I am sure that the condition of the hood and fender will require priming or undercoating prior to their installations. I have very limited provisions for spray painting, of course.
Does any one have any suggestions or words of wisdom for priming or undercoating in the great outdoors? I will cross the finished paint application bridge at a later date.
Since I have to remove the fender as well as the hood, does the removal of the hood make it any less difficult to replace the fender? Please keep in mind that I will possibly have to drive this vehicle for running earns doing this ordeal. Thanks, cjh2.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-04-02, 04:30 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Please keep all posts relating to the same vehicle together by using the reply button in lieu of starting a new post.

Paint work should be left to a professional to come out with a decent job. A spray can won't hack it here. It won't be that costly to paint the fender and hood. Any body shop should be able to handle this for you.

Tough to say if that's a good deal or not.

1) What do the parts go for new at GM? Call a dealer and ask (if they are still available).
2) What other used quotes have you gotten from the sources provided?
3) What did Sherman, Goodmark and other body part retailers net you?

Search this Thread