Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

stiil have a stuck brake light problem

Visiting Guest

11-06-02, 06:00 PM   #1  
ralphluv
stiil have a stuck brake light problem

I have 1988 chevy s10 4wd when i turn the vehicle on the brake lights in the rear stay on and dont shut off? when vehicle is not running the ywork normal? need help it has a stoplight switch do i replace it or ?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

11-07-02, 05:07 AM   #2  
When the brake lights are on reach down and pull UP on the brake pedal. If lights go out may just need to adjust switch. Very easy operation. I'm a little puzzled that the problem would be there with key on, but not off.

Visiting Guest

11-07-02, 06:18 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Do as Tow Guy suggested. You can also pull out the switch from the pedal area and work it by hand. If it works fine, it's an adjustment.

Even if you guess, a stoplight switch is cheap if you are wrong.

Could have a short in the turn signal switch. On an S10, the taillamp, turn signal and brake lamp are all one bulb

Visiting Guest

11-07-02, 07:29 AM   #4  
ralphluv
Thanks u guys are great!!!

Thanks it was the switch it needed to be adjusted thanks alot guys for yr response well whenever u have a ? about hondas i would be greatful to answer thanks

Group Moderator

FL

11-07-02, 03:36 PM   #5  
Too bad all the posts can't be that easy to diagnose; but then it wouldn't be as much fun. LOL.

Search this Thread