cv boot survive

Old 11-10-02, 06:20 AM
Question cv boot survive

hello my boot got a couple of good holes in it ,alignment shop or
where i donot know.the split boot is on but not snug,so i got small adaptor for grease gun i just fill it now 2 aweek.what is the correct stuff grease used in cvjoints i need words i shop 99centsstores for my grease they hve three different kinds
red
black
lite brown
it feels like im humping my split boot weekly,

thkyou

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-02, 07:03 AM
bigpoppax2
Visiting Guest
What kind of truck/car do you have. I'm assuming you have a lifted truck if you are having as much trouble as you say. When you lift a independant front suspension truck by adjusting the torsion bars you make the cv boot angle steep. This isn't the route to go on lifting a truck.

That said there are some trucks there is no lift kit available. So the torsions are the only option, ie Isuzu Rodeos, Troopers, Amigos, Passport (Honda).

Anyway let us know what you drive and if it's lifted or not.

Maybe we can help you out.

Old 11-10-02, 08:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Replace the broken boot with the proper boot and be done with it.

Barring that, it may have ruined the entire axle due to dirt entering the joint. Replace the whole axle with a rebuilt for safety.

Old 11-10-02, 11:50 AM
jetman1979
Visiting Guest
replace as assy

Like Joe said replace the whole drive axle that is the only way and the best way.I have never seen any of the bandaid fixes work.Also watch your drive angles they can tear up boots as well as cv joints pronto.